Small Grants Scheme
Hightown Parish Council has agreed to support a Small Grants Scheme for the village. Please see the guidance below on what you can apply for, who is eligible, and what the funding can be used for:
Small Grants Awarding Policy:
Hightown Parish Council has a small budget for the award of grants, to support community activity in Hightown. The Parish Council will consider applications for grants from voluntary groups or charitable organisations, which are not for profit and who can demonstrate that any funding received will directly benefit the Parish, or residents of the Parish.
Grant applications will be dealt with by the full Parish Council.
Applications will be considered for the following purposes:
- For activities that benefit the residents of Hightown
- For activities to raise the profile of the area
- For delivering events or celebrations in Hightown
- To enable residents to take part in community activities
- For physical improvements in Hightown
The maximum grant size will normally be £500.
Conditions of funding:
- Grants will not be awarded to individuals
- Grants will only be awarded to locally based organisations to deliver activities in Hightown.
- More than one application will not normally be considered in a 12 month period.
- The award must be used for the purpose for which the application was made.
- If the group is unable to use the award for the stated purpose, all monies must be returned to the Parish Council.
- All awards must be properly accounted for and evidence of expenditure must be supplied as requested. If the Parish Council is not satisfied with the arrangements, they reserve the right to request a refund of monies awarded.
- Any Charity, Voluntary Group or Community Organisation.
- Agencies that operate within the Parish and are of benefit to the local community, with the following provisos: – (I) The Parish Council will not fund activities that it considers to be the responsibility of a Statutory Authority. – (II) The Parish Council will not fund activities outside its powers and functions.
Applications should be made in writing on the Grant Application Form(see below), giving full details of the request and clearly setting out how the funding will benefit local residents. A copy of financial accounts for the previous financial year should also be submitted if appropriate. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Grants Scheme Application Form